There have been some questions about the media kit project, which is to be presented during our final exam period, so I wanted to provide a few tips.
Here’s the info again: VJ-project2_info
Fill out the peer evaluation form for you and your fellow group members before class, to be turned in: VJ-team_evaluation_form
Here’s the rubric: VJ-project2_rubric
Here are the things your classmates will be rating as you present:
- How well prepared did the group seem?
- Did the group succeed in promoting its organization?
- How excited did the group make you about its organization?
- Present your press kit items neatly in a folder.
- You can talk about what’s in your press kit, but I will be reading those later (you’ll be turning them in to me), so you shouldn’t be reading everything in there to the group. Make fellow students interested in the group, what they do and possibly joining/using the services of the group/donating (whatever is applicable to your specific group).
- You’ll be giving a short speech promoting your organization. This should include what you do, and if you wrote a press release about an upcoming event, you’d talk about that.
- Be prepared to answer questions from classmates and me.
- Dress professionally and/or with gear from your organization, if applicable.
- Have each group member be part of the presentation.
- It doesn’t have to be super long. There is very little chance we will use the full exam period. Just use however much time you feel is necessary to inform us about your organization and try to make us excited about it.
- Proofread your work!
- Make sure you have the required six items. If there’s any question about what they are, feel free to make a list for me.
Remember your social media PR homework is also due by the start of the final exam period on Thursday (starts at 10:45 a.m.). Only one team member needs to turn it in, via MyClasses.
Also, here’s an example of a cover letter.
Let me know if you have any further questions, and I will see you at 10:45 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, in TETC 253.
– Ms. J